Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall Card using Graphic45 & Elizabeth Crafts

Hello Friends- Today I'm sharing a fall birthday card using the Graphic 45 Paper from the French Country Line. I chose the 8X8 pad because it has a lot of great pieces that I'll be able to incorporate into cards and the patterns are small enough tht they don't overwhelm the card. This is a gatefold card made out of brown card stock. I used some Carta Bella paper for the strips on the side. This is actually from their new All Hallow's Eve collection, but I love the polka dots and they worked so I used them. I distressed the edges with my tonic distressing tool and inked with brown chalk ink. I then used a spellbinder's die to cut the Graphic45 paper. I added some flowers from Prima Marketing and a brad to the center from MyMindsEye. The butterfly I created using scraps. For those of you that know me...I do something called "scrapcarding". I use the papers left on my table from other projects to create new things. It helps me use the scraps and challenges me creatively. So for the butterfly, I had been distressing some papers using scattered straw, vintage photo and a little spiced marmalade distress ink and I had a piece of paper underneath. I used that paper and placed the butterfly decal from Elizabeth crafts on there and then trimmed it. I used some vintage photo distress ink for the center. On the inside, I die cut the same shape from vanilla cardstock, inked the edges with brown chalk ink and then used a stamp from Heartfelt creations for the inside greeting. I like how it all turned out. I hope this inspires you to get out some of your tools and create something using what you have on hand on your craft table. Happy Stamping! Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment