Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A crazy bird told me: Happy St. Patricks Day!

Top of the Mornin! Today I'm sharing a St. Patrick's Day card (I have another one for tomorrow)that I made with some new products. The Tim Holtz Distress Crayons! More Distress goodness--always welcome in my craft room. I stamped the bird (CMS 212), the hat and tie (CMS 237)with Ranger Archival ink. I colored the birds with the Antique Linen and Peeled Paint Crayons. They blend beautifully with some water. I cut them out using the Sizzix Framelits (660954 an 660953). . I used the Candy apple red to color his beak (yes I know a birds beak is normally orange/yellow, but this Bird needed some pop and he is a little crazy anyway!). I used a little of the green Spectrum Noir Green Sparkle pen on the hat. These have more intense color and more sparkle than the Wink of Stella pens. They work the same way. Just paint them on. After I cut out the bird, I layered it on a piece of Authentique St. Patty's day paper that I inked with Tea Dye Distress ink and then put that on a piece of Green Glitter paper. I put that on a card base and voila the front is done! I cut a strip of the Authentique paper and stamped "Happy St. Patrick's day" on the inside. I hope you get the chance to try these distress crayons. They are a lot of fun! Stop by again later this week....I'm going to be having a give away! Until then-- Happy Stamping! Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment