Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Crazy Bird Goodness

Hello! Staying with a green theme in honor of St. Patty's day I'm still paying with the Crazy Birds (CMS212), Crazy Things (CMS237) and the Distress Crayons from Tim Holtz. I stamped the birds with Ranger Archival black ink. I colored the birds with the black soot, antique linen and peeled paint crayons. I blended the crayons with water. I find that misting the watercolor paper first helps them blend beautifully. I used the same colors on the hat and tie. Then I added some Spectrum Noir Green sparkle pen to the hat and tie. I cut the birds out with the Sizzix Thinlits 660954 and the hat and tie with 660953. No fussy cutting required. I layered the bird on a piece of green paper from my stash. I used the Tim Holtz Alteration's die "mixed media" on the green paper and then placed a piece of paper behind it. There are four dies in this set- the diamonds, dots, chicken wire and then a circular pattern I can't really describe. If you like mixed media I would highly suggest adding this die to your collection. I placed all of the layers on a card. Then I used a Studio G Stamp to stamp "Pinch me" and punched it out. I inked it with some Tea dye ink and then popped it on the card. I hope you like the card.
Now for the giveaway. I've auditioned for some design teams and each time they have said I need some additional followers on my blog. So if you are visiting the blog won't you "follow" me? If so, leave a comment that says "I'm following you". The 50th person to follow me will get a prize--a set of Distress Crayons! That is right you can win Distress crayons just for following this blog. This give-a-way is for US and APO addresses only--but don't fret my international friends, the next give-a-way will include you. Thanks so much! Have a great spring day! Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment