Wednesday, January 27, 2016

LaLa Land's Baking Marci

Hello Again! I hope all of you are staying warm. We are anticipating a small heat wave of 40 degrees this week, it may be a good day to wash the salt from my car. Today I'm sharing the final card that I did using the January Kit from LaLa Land Crafts. I cut a piece of sage cardstock for the base. Then I added this pink brick paper from a paper stack I had from Hobby Lobby. It's from the Paper Studio and called Country Rose. I die cut the window from a Heartfelt creations die. It has shutters on the window, but I cut them off. I used pan pastels to color the skyline behind the window. I stamped Marci with Memento Ink on Spectrum Noir paper and colored her with Spectrum Noir markers. I used a Wink of Stella pen on the button on her hair bow. Then I grabbed some pink and burgundy scraps from my bin and using the Tim Holtz Butterfly Frenzy die, I cut a bunch of butterflies. I layered them placing the biggest at the bottom and the smaller at the top. I added some hand dyed ribbon, a Prima flower and a button from my button box and I was done. I think I'll do a few of these for Valentines Day. There is a cute saying that goes with Marci that says "Baking is love made visible". I can send them to my baking friends or tie them to a bag of goodies for others. I think this would be very cute on a tag as well. Maybe I'll try to whip one up (pun intended) and post it later this week. I hope all of you had a great week. Don't forget to leave a comment or share the link to the blog with your stamping friends! Happy Stamping - Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment